Subject: Bash 2.01 is released
From: [email-masked] (Hmmmz)

19 Jun 1997 00:23:53 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I'm kinda scanning the bash-2.01/CHANGES file as I'm building it and some
interesting things popped up:

( aside from numerous bugs being fixed)

(2.01 beta2 to release)
d.  Pathname canonicalization now leaves a leading `//' intact, as POSIX.1
    requires.
(alpha1 to beta1)
h.  A more meaningful message is now printed when the file in /tmp for a
    here document cannot be created.
m.  The tilde code no longer calls getenv() when it's compiled as part of
    the shell, which should eliminate problems on systems that cannot
    redefine getenv(), like the NeXT OS.
q.  Fixed a problem with completion -- it thought that `pwd`/[TAB]
indicated
    an unfinished command completion (`/), which generated errors.

r.  The bash special tilde expansions (~-, ~+) are now attempted before
    calling the standard tilde expansion code, which should eliminate the
    problems people have been seeing with this on Solaris 2.5.1.

Overall there seem to be many many things that should help it run faster,
etc, etc, I've posed that file to
www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/bashchanges.txt
and hope to have a precompiled version uploaded by the time this message
gets distributed.

- alex

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".