Subject: Re: gcc-win32 & Java & Oracle
From: [email-masked] (Anand Palaniswamy)

17 Jun 1997 20:52:25 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <"irafs3.ira.097:17.06.97.08.31.25"@ira.uka.de>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by tm-edit 7.106)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
X-Attribution: Anand
X-URL: http://www.javasoft.com/people/anandp
X-Face: Jf?L"}L$dZvsX#1why~7nN+i911GkcbLD{V#e)t9JffA_PBS3)]C_YU.bJm/oIQ_={xiQ24
 Cac+2c{.*vW]'Pag'E5i&^DG@"IHM(9]-?6-;g1&(z&zh0Cdfj<3bRy>aCz^6Q-&zsOk[D=cWfqPq\
 LXHz,u1w8VVDbJ&y]me&`VLl%rkjf9\
Original-To: s_baerd <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: s_baerd's message of Tue, 17 Jun 1997 10:31:21 +0200 (MET DST)
X-Mailer: Gnus v5.4.37/XEmacs 19.15
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

s_baerd <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi!
> 
> Are there any experiences with
> 
> - gnu-win32 b18 and Java (JDK v1.0.2 or v1.1.1)
>   (I have the same problem as:
>    http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32/1997-Apr/0010.html)

That message is about the old style native interface where you had to
include typedefs_md.h. But a quick check of jni.h shows a similar
problem in jni_md.h. I'll fix that one. For your immediate needs you
should probably hack the typedef into a "long long" or something that
gcc understands. I'll be glad to hear about other problems you have
with writing native methods with gcc.

The JDK sources having MS VC++ specific declarations of the __int64
nature is a _bad_ thing. It would be good to see the JDK build with
GNUmakefiles and gcc on Win32, or even the borland compiler. We want
to do it, but in the scheme of things it is a lower priority task. If
anyone has managed to do this, contact me, and legalese permitting,
I'll fold it into the source base here.

- Anand, JavaSoft VM Team
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".