Subject: Newbie question / Help with make
From: [email-masked] (RC)

17 Jun 1997 20:34:37 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01Gold (Win95; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Pardon the newbie question.

I've just downloaded gnu-win32 b18 and am trying to run it on a win95
system.  I've managed to compile a hello.c program, but when I 
try another program I get the following message:

gcc Makefile.c -o Makefile
Makefile.c:2: 'gcc' undeclared here (not in a function)
Makefile.c:2: syntax error before 'PROF'
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 33
MAKE.EXE *** [Makefile] Error 1

What might I have done wrong here?  Any suggestions or pointers in the
right direction would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

RC
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".