Subject: RE: DLL's for use with other languages...
From: [email-masked]

13 Jun 1997 00:23:13 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-CC: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

  >From:	SMTP%"[email-masked]" 12-JUN-1997 13:33:54.79
  >To:	HARBAUGH
  >CC:	
  >Subj:	DLL's for use with other languages..
  >
  >
  >Hello all..
  >
  >  I am new to GNU-WIN32 and to windows C/C++ programming in general,
  >though fairly competent C programmer in DOS/UNIX. What I want to know is
  >can GNU-WIN32 or cygwin32 create dll's that can be used by Visual Basic?
  >I have tried some small dll's and tested with C drivers which works ok,
  >but when I try to use with VisBasic I get one of several errors..
  >
  >   unable to find function in dll
  >   invalid call (help makes ref to pascal calling convention)
  >
  >I have tried using cygwin32, mingw32, and also lcc.. all pass the C
  >driver test, but all fail the VB test
  >
  >any help would be appreciated..

I wish I could be of help, but unfortunately I have not been able to solve this
problem either.  I too want to use cygwin32 dll's with Visual Basic, and end up
with the same error.  I have tried using both relocatable and non-relocatable
dll's.  I went to Microsoft's website and tried all their suggestions about
using '__stdcall' and 'declspec(dllexport)' to no avail.

I would really like to understand why this is happening, but I don't know enough
about the internal's of DLL structure to fix the problem.

It would really be great if someone who had solved the problem of using cygwin32
dll's with OTHER programs (especially Visual Basic) would provide an example.

  >
  >   Russ Smyth
  >   [email-masked]
  >-
  >For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
  >"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Toni Harbaugh-Blackford           | Internet: [email-masked]         |
| System Manager                    |                                        |
| Biomedical Supercomputing Center  | Phone:  (301) 846-5798                 |
| SAIC                              | FAX:    (301) 846-5762                 |
| NCI-FCRDC                         |                                        |
| PO Box B, Bldg 430                |                                        |
| Frederick, MD 21702-1201   USA    |                                        |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".