Subject: I have problems building relocatable DLLs
From: [email-masked] (Keith Taylor)

12 Jun 1997 23:27:29 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <3.0.1.32.19970612151409.006a46f0.cygnus.gnu-win32@rayware>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: keith@rayware
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 3.0.1 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

As a new user to Cygwin (and the list) here is some information about my
setup...

I downloaded B18 from the site (both CDK and 'TOOLS) and installed them
into the standard directory structure (/gnuwin32/b18...). I initialised the
system variables/paths as per the instructions in the README and FAQ and
rebooted my system.  I wrote the usual compulsary 'Hello World' program to
check the compiler and paths and it worked.

I downloaded the 'How to build relocatable DLLs' from the home page and
split the file (using VIM under the BASH that came with Cygwin) into the
component files, main.c, foo.c, foo2.c, init.cc, fixup.c & runme.sh (the
script at the end of the file).

When I ran the script and build the DLL and EXE, and then subsequently ran
the EXE from bash, a pop-up alert appeared on the Desktop 'Error Starting
Program.....Unable to run c:\home\work\main.exe'. I loaded up explorer and
ran it from there, two boxes appeared the first was the same as above and
the second was 'Windows cannot run this program because it is in an invalid
format'

After reading the messages in the list, I saw the one regarding
DLLCHECK.EXE and ran this program on the DLL, it reported an error in the
DLL.  I then modified the script to loop until the DLL was build correctly
(the DLLCHECK program returning an error helped :) ).
In due course, the DLLCHECK reported a valid DLL.

I ran main.exe and received the same error conditions as above.

(This was first done on a 486DX2-66/12MB/Win95 system and I have since
duplicated the procedure on a iP100/48MB/Win95 system.)

Could anyone enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong or how I can build
relocatable DLLs :)

TIA, Keith.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".