Subject: tty code patch is public domain.
From: [email-masked] (Michael Anderson)

11 Jun 1997 21:20:35 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01 (X11; I; Linux 2.0.12 i586)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Cygnus asked me for a copyright assignment of the code changes (which
would then be covered by the GPL) I made to implement certain tty
features in cygwin32. Since I write commercial software, and may need to
use the same code in implementing my own Unix layer (to replace
cygwin32), I was unable to make the copyright assignment. After some
discussions with Geoffrey Noer, we decided that placing the code changes
in the public domain would satisfy both our interests. Therefore,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                            DECLARATION
 
I, Michael Anderson, grant to the public domain my entire right, title,
and interest (including all rights under copyright) in my changes and
enhancements to the Cygwin32 library. These changes and enhancements are
herein called the "Work". The Work granted to the public domain shall
also include any future revisions of these changes and enhancements
hereafter made by me. 

I  represent and warrant that I am the sole author of the Work and that
I have the right and power to make this grant. I make no other express
or implied warranty (including without limitation, in this disclaimer of
warranty, any warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE).

Michael Anderson
11 June 1997

----------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Sorry about the legalese - I modified the agreement that Cygnus sent me.

Mike Anderson
[email-masked]
Guanajuato, GTO, Mexico
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".