Subject: i960 Cross-compiler
From: [email-masked] (Anthony E Pappas)

11 Jun 1997 01:15:14 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <199706091942.PAA21309.cygnus.gnu-win32@scully>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4ME+ PL31 (25)]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Has anyone built a cross compiler from the source for a i960-coff?  If
you did what, if anything, did you have to do special besides specify
a target=i960-coff.

I have attempted this and after the config has run, I run make with
install-gcc so it will build only the compiler (I had trouble building
all anyways).  I then get the follwing error:

gcc -O2 -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC -O2 gcov.o obstack.o -o gcov echo "
toplev.o version.o tree.o print-tree.o stor-layout.o fold-const.o
functio n.o stmt.o except.o expr.o calls.o expmed.o explow.o optabs.o
varasm.o rtl.o pri nt-rtl.o rtlanal.o emit-rtl.o real.o dbxout.o
sdbout.o dwarfout.o dwarf2out.o xc offout.o integrate.o jump.o cse.o
loop.o unroll.o flow.o stupid.o combine.o regc lass.o local-alloc.o
global.o reload.o reload1.o caller-save.o insn-peep.o reor g.o sched.o
final.o recog.o reg-stack.o insn-opinit.o insn-recog.o insn-extract.
o insn-output.o insn-emit.o profile.o shorten-life.o regmove.o
insn-attrtab.o i960.o getpwd.o convert.o bc-emit.o bc-optab.o" | sed
-e 's, \([a-z0-9]\), ../\ 1,g' -e 's/\.o/.o/g' >stamp-objlist cd cp;
make "AR_FLAGS=rc" "AR_FOR_TARGET=i960-coff-ar" "BISON=byacc"
"BISONFLAGS =" "CC=gcc -O2" "CFLAGS=-O2" "CLIB="
"GCC_FOR_TARGET=/gnu/obj/i960/gcc/xgcc -B/g nu/obj/i960/gcc/"
"LDFLAGS=" "LEX=flex" "LEXFLAGS=" "MAKEINFO=makeinfo --no-spli t"
"MAKEINFOFLAGS=" "RANLIB_FOR_TARGET=i960-coff-ranlib"
"RANLIB_TEST_FOR_TARGET =[ -f i960-coff-ranlib ] || ( [
"i386-pc-cygwin32" = "i960-unknown-coff" ] && [ -f /usr/bin/ranlib -o
-f /bin/ranlib ] )" "SHELL=/bin/sh" "STAGE_PREFIX=" "exeex t=.exe"
"objext=.o" "exec_prefix=/usr/local/i960" "prefix=/usr/local/i960"
"tool dir=/usr/local/i960/i960-coff" "bindir=/usr/local/i960/bin"
"libsubdir=/usr/loca l/i960/lib/gcc-lib/i960-coff/cygnus-2.7.2-970404"
"CXX_FOR_BUILD=gcc" "CXXFLAGS= -O2" "CXX_FOR_TARGET=i960-coff-gcc"
.../cc1plus make: *** No rule to make target `../cc1plus'.  Stop.
make: *** [cc1plus] Error 2 make: *** [install-gcc] Error 2

If anyone has a binary of the gnu i960 compiler and has it available, I would love to get a hold of it!  

Thanks,

-- 

Tony Pappas
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".