Subject: native rebuild problem.
From: [email-masked] (Mikey)

8 Jun 1997 16:31:30 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Forte Agent 1.01/32.397
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Platform win95 sp1 w/updated kernel&rpc

The following line in .../cdk/gcc/Makefile consistently causes an
exception during make install.

# Install the include directory using tar.
install-headers-tar: stmp-headers $(STMP_FIXPROTO) install-include-dir
        (cd include; \
         tar -cf - .; exit 0) | (cd $(libsubdir)/include; tar
$(TAROUTOPTS) - )

Work around is to change the line to (cd include;\
cp -a . $(libsubdir/include/)

Permanent solution anyone?

(cd include; \
 tar -cf - .; exit 0) | (cd
/tmp/tmp/usr/H-i386-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i386-pc-cyg
win32/cygnus-2.7.2-970404/include; tar xpBf - )
tar: Could not change access and modification times of objc:
Permission denied
tar: Could not change access and modification times of .: Permission
denied
make: *** [install-headers-tar] Error 2
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) In cygwin_except_handler
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) Exception trapped!
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) exception C0000005 at BFF9CD55
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) exception: ax 259EB38 bx 82661108 cx C10636E4
dx 0
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) exception: si 26488 di 259EBD8 bp 259EB3C sp
259EB10
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) Stack trace:
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) frame 0: sp = 0x259E928, pc = 0x1000CEBE
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) frame 1: sp = 0x259E944, pc = 0xBFF7663C
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) frame 2: sp = 0x259E968, pc = 0xBFF859D9
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) frame 3: sp = 0x259EA00, pc = 0xFFECBAD7
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) frame 4: sp = 0x259EB3C, pc = 0x100257B4
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) frame 5: sp = 0x259EB94, pc = 0x100258CB
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) frame 6: sp = 0x259EBB0, pc = 0x413BD3
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) frame 7: sp = 0x259EBDC, pc = 0x40B912
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) frame 8: sp = 0x259EC64, pc = 0x40BD32
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) frame 9: sp = 0x259ECFC, pc = 0x40BAEA
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) frame 10: sp = 0x259EDA0, pc = 0x40B570
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) frame 11: sp = 0x259EE38, pc = 0x40BC71
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) frame 12: sp = 0x259EED0, pc = 0x424395
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) frame 13: sp = 0x259EF04, pc = 0x402196
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) frame 14: sp = 0x259EF20, pc = 0x4019B3
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) frame 15: sp = 0x259EFF8, pc = 0x1000C106
(C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 9208) End of stack trace (more stack frames may be
present)
make: *** [install-gcc] Error 2

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".