Subject: Weird C++ problems in B18
From: [email-masked] (Jonathan Lanier)

8 Jun 1997 13:01:01 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <Pine.SOL.3.91.970608105906.23566A-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@westmain>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: Win32 Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I've been having some strange problems arise in the B18 update to the 
compiler.  This one is really weird and I can't seem to get it to go away.

I'm getting a TON of warnings about "base class xxx has a non-virtual 
destructor", and this warning message is coming up for classes that don't 
have ANY virtual functions, and don't INHERIT any classes with any 
virtual functions.  It's also coming up in every single templated class I 
have that uses virtual functions, even though the destructors have been 
explicitly declared to be virtual.

Has anyone else seen this?  Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

- Jonathan
  [email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".