Subject: Re: Patch spamming
From: [email-masked] (Mikey)

7 Jun 1997 07:38:26 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "J. David Bryan" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: Forte Agent 1.01/32.397
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

With your two weeks of reading this list, I'm sure that you feel
qualified to comment upon, or even MODERATE the behavior of the people
who have been participating in gnu-win32 development for the last
several years.

and Geoff Noer said "as for patches for winsup/ keep them coming"

See I can quote out of context too!

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997 15:59:45 -0400, you wrote:

>On  4 Jun 97 at 18:28, Mikey wrote:
>
>> FYI spam is an UNSOLICITED OFF TOPIC ADVERTISEMENT, I hardly think
>> fixes for cygwin32 are off topic...
>
>The published topic of this list is "discussion."  If Cygnus wants to 
>expand "discussion" to include patches, fine, it is certainly their 
>prerogative.  However, absent that, what you or I think this list should be 
>is irrelevant.

Then why are you trying to discourage the people who are actually
making contributions, by telling them that they have no testing ground
for their work?

If you're not part of the Solution, You're part of the problem.

Neither I nor anyone else here cares what You think, and I'm sure they
don't care what I think either, but the established practice on this
list, is that people who have developed fixes for problems, especially
to the cygwin.dll post them to the list.

You need to spend some time reading the posts on
news.announce.newusers, with special attention to Emily Postnews.

BTW I will not be replying to any further posts from you as you are
going in my .kill file, I can't stand control freaks.

>
>
>> nor are they unsolicited, ...
>
>They are certainly unsolicited by me.  Not having surveyed the 
>subscribers, I have no idea what percentage of the list finds them useful 
>and what percentage finds them annoying.  On what basis do you conclude 
>that "And I am sure a lot of other people feel the same way"?
>
>
>> Geoff Noer in fact has posted several "ADVERTISMENTS", soliciting help
>> with cygwin32.
>
>I interpret that as a request to send *him* the patches, not to send the 
>patches to the list.
>
>Perhaps it is time for Cygnus to step in and confirm or redefine the list's 
>purpose.
>
>
>> And since it is HIS mailing list SHUT THE @#$%^& UP.
>> 
>> Like I said, if you don't like it UNSUBSCRIBE!!
>
>This is uncalled for.  May I inquire who appointed you moderator?
>
>-- 
>                                           Dave Bryan
>                                   [email-masked]
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".