Subject: Re: More DLL Woes
From: [email-masked] (David Coe)

6 Jun 1997 20:02:28 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------79221D4FB68"
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01Gold (WinNT; I)
Original-To: Christian Soeller <[email-masked]>
Original-CC: Cygnus Gnu-win32 <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--------------79221D4FB68
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Christian Soeller wrote:
> 
> Somebody explained that some time ago. Something to do with the
> fortran routines not containing a 'main' function. I solved it by
> adding explicitly 'main' functions in f2c generated code. Your
> workaround seems to do it as well.

Have you still got the mail message you could forward on to me? I've
rejoined the list after a gap of a few months...
 
> But my other question is: I would like to avoid going through the hassle of
> building the dlls and libpgplot.a myself. Could you make them available ?
> Have you also built the C interface (libcpgplot)?

Building the static libraries really is just a trivial adjustment of
linked libraries; put the attached file in sys_cygwin and issue makemake
as usual. Make and make cpg gives both libpgplot.a and libcpgplot.a. Be
aware that the HPLJ libraries won't compile under G77/F2C on Linux or
Cygwin nor has the native MS Powerstation code been ported to Cygwin
(yet) - I find the X11 and Postscript drivers work fine.

I really don't trust the DLL's yet (who would when the compiler crashes
mid-way through). If you pass the above static libraries through the
shell script on my original email, I guess you'll see what I mean. One
thing I do notice is that the DLLs don't pick up environment variables
which is a bit of a killer for PGPLOT ... is this also a well-known
characteristic?

Good luck

-- 
Dr David Coe			     \=\
58 Fairlawn Drive, East Grinstead     \=\   Tel +44 1342 326860
West Sussex, RH19 1NT, United Kingdom  \=\  Fax +44 1342 316019

--------------79221D4FB68
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; name="g77_gcc.conf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="g77_gcc.conf"

# The GNU g77 FORTRAN compiler and Gnu gcc C compiler.
# Created 18-Nov-95; revised 18-Apr-96 by Jai [g77-0.5.18]
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   XINCL="-I/usr/X11R6/include"
   MOTIF_INCL="$XINCL"
   FCOMPL="g77"
   FFLAGC="-Wall -O"
# backslashes occur only in the demo programs
   FFLAGD="-fno-backslash"
   CCOMPL="gcc"
   CFLAGC="-DPG_PPU -O2"
   CFLAGD="-O2"
   PGBIND_FLAGS="bsd"
   LIBS="-L/usr/X11/lib -lX11 \`\$(SRC)/cpg/libgcc_path.sh\` -lgcc -lm"
   RANLIB="ranlib"
   PGPLOT_LIB="-L\`pwd\` -L/usr/X11/lib -lpgplot"
   CPGPLOT_LIB="-L\`pwd\` -L/usr/X11/lib -lcpgplot -lpgplot"

--------------79221D4FB68--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".