Subject: Linking archive files with GCC
From: [email-masked] (Robert Maddock)

6 Jun 1997 17:28:22 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 2.2 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hello again,

        Below if the output from my makefile.  As can be seen, there seems
to be a wee problem with the libraries which I thought I had been very
clever in building (i.e. the Makefile is virtually unchanged from our
original UNIX one and uses 'ar rv' to build the library).

/develop/oracle/rs/101/lib/libRsa.a: syntax error near unexpected token
`!<arch>'
/develop/oracle/rs/101/lib/libRsa.a: /develop/oracle/rs/101/lib/libRsa.a:
line 1: `!<arch>'
make: *** [CYGWIN32/NT] Error 2
make: *** [DUMMY] Error 2
bash$

......the library above is specified to gcc as '-lRsa' but cygwin32 doesn't
seem to understand its own archive format.  So, any clues anybody?

P.S. On the patch attachment front (I haven't used any myself yet) do
peoples' e-mail programs not allow them to automatically reject large
messages? Mine does and then gives you the option of getting them later if
you want them.  Seems to allow the best of both worlds.

			T.T.F.N.

			 ROBERT

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".