Subject: Re: problems with patch.exe
From: [email-masked] (James Dumser)

5 Jun 1997 21:00:18 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]> from "[email-masked]" at Jun 4, 97 07:55:37 pm
X-MIMI-Options: headers none
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL23]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

On Wed, 04 Jun 1997 19:55:37 -0500, Bob Miracky <[email-masked]>
  wrote:
>Yes, I noticed this problem as well, in situations similar to those you
>experienced.  It appears to be a problem with patch 2.1, the version
>distributed with b17.1 and b18.  patch 2.3, recently made available at
>prep.ai.mit.edu, solves the problem.

I built patch-2.1 back in b14 and then again in b17 (the timestamp says
31 Dec 1969 :) and continue to use it without problems. (I remember I
found the problem of cygwin.dll's rename() having the wrong return codes
in b14.) The problem may just be with patch distributed with b18,
although you might as well get the latest and greatest version if you
have to build it for yourself.

-- 
James Dumser    972-462-5335 [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".