Subject: Perl 5.004 and DLLs
From: [email-masked] (Fabio Somenzi)

4 Jun 1997 16:36:19 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: emacs 19.32.1 (via feedmail 5 I) 
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

>>>>> "SO" == Sergey Okhapkin <[email-masked]> writes:

 SO> Tomaz Mertelj wrote:
 >> >> longer works with the beta 18 release. When running main.exe a
 >> >> window pops up that says: "Unable to run c:\temp\main.exe".  >
 >> 
 >> It works both on WIN95 and NT4.0 if you replace B18 cygwin.dll
 >> with Sergey's patched one.
 >> 

 SO> You're lucky :-) X11 dlls compiled on my w95 machine doesn't work
 SO> on w95...

I'm running Win95 and I'm not lucky :-(

Yesterday I downloaded Sergey's patched cygwin.dll and libcygwin.a and
tried make test for perl 5.004 again. The success rate went from 77 to
80%, which is good in itself and seems to confirm correct
installation, but the DLL related stuff continues not to work.

I then did 'make clean' followed by 'make test,' but the results were
the same.

The tests for op/taint and op/time cause a small blue window to pop up
to warn me that "A required .DLL file, CYGWIN.DLL was not found."

The tests involving Fcntl, IO, and SDBM_file fail with messages like
this one:

lib/anydbm........Can't load '../lib/auto/Fcntl/Fcntl.dll' for module Fcntl: 0 a
t ../lib/DynaLoader.pm line 155.

 at lib/anydbm.t line 11
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at lib/anydbm.t line 11.
FAILED on test 0

The .dll file is there:

   7 -rw-r--r--   1 fabio    everyone    13156 Jun 04 01:29 lib/auto/Fcntl/Fcntl
..dll

Fabio

-- 
Fabio Somenzi          | Phone: 303-492-3466
University of Colorado | Fax:   303-492-2758
ECE Dept.              | Email: [email-masked]
Boulder CO 80309-0425  | WWW:   http://vlsi.colorado.edu/~fabio

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".