Subject: Re: Patch spamming
From: [email-masked] (Andrew Evans)

4 Jun 1997 13:01:16 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <19970604132533770.AAB97.cygnus.gnu-win32@balingwire>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
Comments: Authenticated sender is <ade@[208.192.4.16]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-reply-to: <[email-masked]>
X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Win32 (v2.53/R1)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

> On  3 Jun 97 at 15:33, Tim Iverson wrote:

> > But, please don't subject all of us to 100KB of "patch of the day".

J. David Bryan wrote:

> I agree.  I think that supplying links to where we can retrieve the patches 
> would be more appropriate than supplying the patches themselves.  

Just to offer another viewpoint, I don't mind that people are posting 
patches to the list.  It's much more convenient for me to get the 
patches this way -- if I had to ftp them all, I'm sure I'd miss some 
of them.  I have a normal 33.6kbps dialup connection to my ISP, yet I 
still only spend a few minutes a day downloading e-mail.  As long as 
people remain judicious about keeping the size of postings 
reasonable, I don't see a problem.  BTW, I've been on the list for 
close to a year now, and this is the first time I've seen someone 
complain about this.  I tend to think that most people don't mind.

Andrew Evans

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".