Subject: NT 4.0 - gnu-win32 marriage failed?
From: [email-masked] (DT)

2 Jun 1997 17:02:46 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.0Gold (WinNT; I)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Could somebody please let me know why my CDK.EXE installation
fails - actually, I' ve tried to do this twice according to
README (seting ENV via System/Envorinment) and always get annoying:

>gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No such file or directory

FAQ says:
If the error is "gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No
such file or directory", you haven't set your GCC_EXEC_PREFIX
environment variable correctly.  If this your problem, you should go
read the README.txt ...

Checked - here is my ENV (relevant to gcc):

GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\;
GDBTK_LIBRARY=C:/gnuwin32/b18/share/gdbtcl
INCLUDE=c:\msdev\include;c:\msdev\mfc\include;%include%;
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.\;%LD_LIBRARY_PATH%=LD_LIBRARY_PATH
LIB=c:\msdev\lib;c:\msdev\mfc\lib;%lib%
OS=Windows_NT
PATH=//D/WINNT/system32:/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/bin:/gnuwin32/b18/tcl/bin:
TEMP=D:\TEMP
TMP=D:\TEMP

I have tried also various other ENV settings, but if nothing else - gcc
was always
unable to find header files. Via which ENV setting could I make them
accessible
to gcc?

Thanks for response in advance and please send a cc to
[email-masked].

D. Trcek,
IJS, LJ, SI
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".