Subject: Win95b and long filenames of the /usr mount
From: [email-masked] (Kevin Layer)

2 Jun 1997 14:49:06 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I don't know if this has been reported yet, but the OSR2 release of
Windows 95 (aka "Windows 95b") doesn't have a DOS that allows long
filenames.  This means that until Windows starts you can't put
....\H-i386-cygwin32\bin in your PATH.  This also means you have a
classic chicken and egg problem: if you do it after Windows starts,
then all processes started by the explorer won't inherit the new
PATH.

Kevin Layer             [email-masked]        http://www.franz.com/
Franz Inc., 1995 University Avenue, Suite 275, Berkeley, CA  94704, USA
Phone: (510) 548-3600   FAX: (510) 548-8253
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".