Subject: Re: Junk mail through Cygnus?
From: [email-masked] (phong)

2 Jun 1997 12:02:01 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Version 1.4.4
Original-To: James Paul Morgan <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Yes, I also got junk mail from [email-masked], and others.  I am pretty
sure it came from my re-subscribing to this list, this being the first time
I use this mailing address of mine in a public list.  I also would like to
know how my name got on junk lists.

- Phong

At 06:37 PM 6/1/97 -0600, James Paul Morgan wrote:
>
>I received a rather annoying piece of junk e-mail today about internet
>"work from home" and some credit card from [email-masked].  What seemed
>odd was that it carried the standard footer for items sent through this
>mailing list, though the return address was not Cygnus. 
>
>Have other subscribers to the mailing list gotten this letter?  Is Cygnus
>passing out the email addresses of the subscribers to this mailing list or
>did this [email-masked] get the addresses some other way?  If it's not
>going through Cygnus, why did it have the standard Cygnus footer? 
>
>Any enlightenment would be appreciated from other members of the mailing
>list or from Cygnus itself. 
>
>Thanks.
>
>
>See ya around the Mulberry bush.
>
>--James
>
>:)
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Doan huu Phong                                Doan & Associates, Ltd.
[email-masked]                                Tel. (508) 266-9428

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".