Subject: Junk mail through Cygnus?
From: [email-masked] (James Paul Morgan)

1 Jun 1997 18:41:58 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I received a rather annoying piece of junk e-mail today about internet
"work from home" and some credit card from [email-masked].  What seemed
odd was that it carried the standard footer for items sent through this
mailing list, though the return address was not Cygnus. 

Have other subscribers to the mailing list gotten this letter?  Is Cygnus
passing out the email addresses of the subscribers to this mailing list or
did this [email-masked] get the addresses some other way?  If it's not
going through Cygnus, why did it have the standard Cygnus footer? 

Any enlightenment would be appreciated from other members of the mailing
list or from Cygnus itself. 

Thanks.

See ya around the Mulberry bush.

--James

:)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".