Subject: Re: bash-2.0
From: [email-masked] (Hmmmz)

1 Jun 1997 11:46:46 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

On Sun, 1 Jun 1997, Wei Ku wrote:

> Dear Mr. Hmmmz:
> It seems to me that you are an expert on shell program since you compiled 
> the bash 2.0 successfully. It occured to me that you may be able to
> compile csh or tcsh in a similar approach. Some people including me are
> in great need of a working csh or tcsh which can recognize the cygwin32
> path in order to excute lots of existing c shell scripts. We will
> appreciate it very much if you can port csh or tcsh into cygwin32.
>  There are source codes of tsch availible in the web and I also got a
> copy of that but I have absolutly no idea how to make it work. I can
> also mail the .tat.gz file to you if you feel OK about mail with large
> attached file ( about 512 KByte)
> Please forgive me if this request is stupid. I just need a working csh
> too desperately.
> Sincerely,
> Wei Ku

Well I'd hardly consider myself an expert on "shells", and would like to
thank Sergey for helping me compile bash.  However my next project was
going to be compiling tcsh for gnu-win32, however in a fit of stupidity I
accidentally deleted some gnu-win32 files, then in trying to restore them
I wiped out part of Win95, so it'll be about a week (when my new computer
arrives) until I'm even going to be able to look at tcsh.  However I
should have bash 2.0 uploaded to my web page by Monday. I think there are
about three files in bash.tar.gz and pdksh.tar.gz (the .exe file, the .exe
file with stabs, and the man page).  The tar files are setup to be
extracted into a /usr,/etc type of directory structure.

- alex.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".