Subject: getrusage(RUSAGE_CHILDREN, ...) core dumps
From: [email-masked] (David Spencer)

31 May 1997 21:53:46 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.0b4 [en] (WinNT; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

getrusage(RUSAGE_SELF) seems to work ( at least for finding
out cpu and system time) but getrusage(RUSAGE_CHILDREN)
"core dumps" on my system.  The stack trace is shown below.

What I really want is a version of "time" that works - the
one included w/ the latest b18 only reports elapsed time
correctly.

Here's the stack trace when I call getrusage(RUSAGE_CHILDREN):

(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) In cygwin_except_handler
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) Exception trapped!
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) exception C0000005 at 10019360
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) exception: ax 0 bx 0 cx 26160 dx 64
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) exception: si 5 di 2E73004 bp 240F110
sp 240F0E0
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) Stack trace:
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) frame 0: sp = 0x240EF14, pc =
0x1000CEC2
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) frame 1: sp = 0x240EF30, pc =
0x77F94072
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) frame 2: sp = 0x240EF54, pc =
0x77F88A53
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) frame 3: sp = 0x240EFE0, pc =
0x77F75E82
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) frame 4: sp = 0x240F110, pc = 0x401248
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) frame 5: sp = 0x240F124, pc = 0x4010B8
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) frame 6: sp = 0x240F1E0, pc =
0x1000C102
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) frame 7: sp = 0x240FF94, pc =
0x1000C113
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) frame 8: sp = 0x240FFA0, pc = 0x401501
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) frame 9: sp = 0x240FFB0, pc = 0x40103B
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) frame 10: sp = 0x240FFC0, pc =
0x77F1AFC1
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) frame 11: sp = 0x240FFF0, pc = 0x0
(d:\cdev\cpu-time\dtime.exe 1419) End of stack trace
bash$
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".