Subject: Re: BASh again...
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

31 May 1997 02:22:48 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked] (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mika_L=F6f?=)
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]> from "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mika_L=F6f?=" at May 29, 97 08:20:44 pm
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL23]
Content-Type: text
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

>  Isn't there any documentation on how CygWin bash differs from un*x
> bash?

Well, it is the Unix bash.  :-)  In the bash sources distrubuted with
recent gnu-win32 beta releases, you will find a file called
ChangeLog.Cygnus which discribes the modifications made.

I'd be happy to include changes to make this version of bash
faster or behave better.

I'd be even happier if someone got bash 2.0 working, including
doing the configury work so you can build it natively and with
cross-tools from Unix.

>  I only downloaded the user tools, not the development version, do I
> get more info from that on bash/readline details? 

Nope.  There are a couple of bash setup pages pointed to from the
project web page:
	http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32

I haven't had time yet to work on including ncurses, less, and man yet
although all three would be good to include in the gnu-win32 distributions.
I would have to do work to not include the man pages but getting man
and less takes some engineering effort and this has been fairly low
priority for me.  Last time I tried, all three programs need configury work
before they can be built with a cross-compiler which would be highly
desirable.

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".