Subject: Re: tty programming for modems and fax
From: [email-masked] (Michael Anderson)

30 May 1997 23:38:48 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01 (X11; I; Linux 2.0.12 i586)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-CC: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Bart Anderson wrote:
> 
> How's that serial code coming?
> --

Hi Bart:

After I sent the notice about the changes for tty programming, I
switched to Unix to program the next tty project (the first was an
outgoing fax driver - the second is an incoming data modem driver). This
driver has different tty demands (termio flags) and thus will need
additional changes to the NT dll. I'm just today (or tommorrow) porting
the new driver to NT and will post the first set of changes as soon as I
figure out which files were changed. I don't recomend that anyboby take
the changes seriously until they have personally tested them against
their own code. My fax driver works but only uses a small piece of the
changed code. I plan to assign the code to Cygnus for inclusion in the
base product as soon as I understand what those copyright issues are (if
I agree to them.) It would be great to have several people validate and
correct the code before it makes it into a release.

Sorry for the delay, but I only have one usable programming machine -
its either in NT or Unix and Unix has had the last few days.

Mike Anderson
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".