Subject: Controlling the title bar.
From: [email-masked] (Francis Litterio)

30 May 1997 17:53:43 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Forte Agent 1.01/32.397
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Here's a way to get the string "bash" in the title bar of a console
when it is minimized, running bash, and sitting at a shell prompt:

1. Put this in your .bashrc file:

	PROMPT_COMMAND="title bash"

2. Build this program, name it title.exe, and put it in a directory
named in your PATH:

	#include <windows.h>
	void main(int argc, char * argv[])
	{
	  SetConsoleTitle(argv[1]);
	}
--
Francis Litterio                           PGP Key Fingerprint:
[email-masked]              02 37 DF 6C 66 43 CD 2C
http://world.std.omit-this.com/~franl/     10 C8 B5 8B 57 34 F3 21
Note: email address and WWW URL altered to prevent spam.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary 
 safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin, ~1784
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".