Subject: b18 source patches for X11R6.3?
From: [email-masked] ("Nick Thompson")

30 May 1997 16:47:20 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Nick Thompson <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
X-Mailer: Z-Mail (3.2.1 10oct95)
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-lines: 30
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi

Looking in the archives I see X11 is now working on b18 and I have downloaded
the dlls'. I'd like to build the X11R6.3 distribution under win95 so as to get
access to all the bin stuff. I have applied all the b17.? patches but have had
a lot of problems building under b18.

I have a pure /gnuwin32/b18/... distribution and during the X11 build all
references to the distribution path (libs, includes) have all occurances of
'i386' pre-processed to '1'. Can I just copy include and lib stuff into
/usr/include and /usr/lib? How do I tell gnuwin where they are now? (spec file
modification? Anything else?)

Some of the build is looking for un.h. Where is that from? Do I need it?

Xterm fails to build because ws_ and wy_pixels (?) are not defined. Any fixes?

Is there a 'jumbo patch' anywhere that fixes all these things for X11R6.3 under
b18? (If not and I get it going anyway, maybe I'll make one.)

And why did patch fail to apply the b17.x patches correctly?

Many Thanks,

-- 
   _  _______  __ __   Nick Thompson          | Lucent Technologies
  / \/ / / __\/ // /\  Lucent Technologies    |  (Bell Labs Innovations)
 /    / / /__/ _  / /  Microelectronics House | [email-masked]
/_/\_/_/____/_/\\_\/   Broad Lane, Bracknell  | Tel: +44 1344 865951
\_\/\\_\____\_\/ \_\   Berkshire RG12 9GX     | Fax: +44 1344 865959
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".