Subject: Problems with make
From: [email-masked] (Michael Godfrey)

30 May 1997 07:25:32 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: [email-masked] (Michael Godfrey)
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL24 PGP6]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I have encountered two problems with 'make'.  I'm running NT
v4.0, Cygnus B18.  All mounts are binary, /tmp is in place, I'm
the only user on the system, etc.

The first problem is that the make binary that came with the
B18 distribution outputs the following, no matter what I'm
trying to make:

$ make
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) In
     cygwin_except_handler
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) Exception trapped!
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) exception C0000005
     at 10029ACE
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) exception: ax 241F457
     bx 241E812 cx 45535500 dx 241F457
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) exception: si 241E838
     di 241F0EB bp 241E800 sp 241E7FC
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) exception is:
     STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) Stack trace:
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) frame 0: sp =
     0x241E630, pc = 0x1000CEC2
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) frame 1: sp =
     0x241E64C, pc = 0x77F94072
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) frame 2: sp =
     0x241E670, pc = 0x77F88A53
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) frame 3: sp =
     0x241E6FC, pc = 0x77F75E82
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) frame 4: sp =
     0x241E800, pc = 0x40817F
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) frame 5: sp =
     0x241E878, pc = 0x406CD9
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) frame 6: sp =
     0x241F1D4, pc = 0x1000C102
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) frame 7: sp =
     0x241FF94, pc = 0x1000C113
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) frame 8: sp =
     0x241FFA0, pc = 0x416309
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) frame 9: sp =
     0x241FFB0, pc = 0x40103B
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) frame 10: sp =
     0x241FFC0, pc = 0x77F1AFC1
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) frame 11: sp =
     0x241FFF0, pc = 0x0
(c:\usr\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 3684) End of stack trace

So, I got and built GNU make v3.75 (using MSVC++ and nmake).  This
version of make has successfully made a variety of good executables,
although sometimes I get the following error when compiling:

     g++: Internal compiler error: program cc1plus got fatal signal 33

After which make stops.  However, the code compiles fine if I issue
the same g++ command interactively (e.g., from the bash command line
instead of from within a Makefile).

Has anyone else encountered these errors?  If so, have you found a
solution or a workaround?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Mike Godfrey
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".