Subject: BASh again...
From: [email-masked] (Mika Löf)

30 May 1997 06:39:53 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Forte Agent .99g/32.339
X-MIME-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by cygnus.com id NAA01564
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

 Isn't there any documentation on how CygWin bash differs from un*x
bash? I can't seem to configure bash to read anything else but
~/.bashrc on startup. It completely ignores ~/.bash_profile,
~/.bash_login, ~/.bash_logout, /etc/profile. Neither does readline
respond to changes in ~/.inputrc and currently I lack a lot of
important keys, all those behind AltGr and I can't remap them in
~/.inputrc or using bind. Also i lack my language specific
umlaut-characters, edv EDV.
 Is this normal or is my configuration screwed?
 I only downloaded the user tools, not the development version, do I
get more info from that on bash/readline details? 
 A quite funny detail I find in the fact that i got a lot of manual
pages, but no man or less :-)
....otherwise bash is working great, much better than 4DOS for NT, 4NT.

"The only stupid question is the unasked one"
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".