Subject: mount binary vs. text
From: [email-masked] (Timothy Phan)

29 May 1997 23:16:53 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
Original-To: [email-masked] (GNU WIN32)
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL25]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

  I'd like to know what should I set to  the 'mount' (bin or text).
  I've download the mpack/uudecode/pgp on to NT and build with little
  or no problem.  I, however, have problem to run this program under
  any partition mount as 'text'.  I've tried to mount every in 'binary'
  mode, but 'bash' seems to have problem reading the .bashrc file.
  I guessed that it could not find the end of line marker since the
  .bashrc was save with non-gnu editors.

  secondly,  I'd like to know who has successfully built any Unix
  programs (i.e. vi) that use curses/ncurses/termcap/etc
  libraries and which of this shall I use. And what TERM type should
  I set to?

  Many thanks!

-- 
         --------------------  Timothy C. Phan ([email-masked])
      --------------------                      NEC America, Inc. ASL
   --------------------         1525 Walnut Hill Ln. Irving, TX 75038
--------------------          tel: (214)-518-3437 fax: (214)-518-3499
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".