Subject: Windowless Bashing
From: [email-masked] (John Gerard Malecki)

29 May 1997 00:48:29 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: VM 6.31 under Emacs 19.34.1
X-Organization: Artisan Components
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I would like to have a java program exec off a bash script.  When I do
this the bash script likes to open it's own console window.  This was
annoying so I built a version of bash using the gcc
-Wl,--subsystem,windows switch.  Sure enough the top-level (bash)
window has now disappeared but each and every sub-process brings up
its own window.

Can anyone tell me the "proper" things to do?  Do I need to build the
entire tool-set without the console window linked in?  Is there a
trick I can do to force the console window to select /dev/null at run
time?

PS - Sorry if I sent this once already today.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".