Subject: make-3.75 export bug under gnu-win32/win95
From: [email-masked] (Mikey)

28 May 1997 06:01:33 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Forte Agent 1.01/32.397
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

make 3.75 apparently has a problem with exported variables, invoking
make -n with the following makefile causes actual compilation in the
subdirectories.

I had to add the following line to get the expected behavior

MAKE += $(MFLAGS)

So apparently MAKEFLAGS is not being interpreted correctly by
sub-makes, also placing "export" in a makefile also dosen't seem to
have any effect.

I have seen this problem reported , or at least discussed once before,
but never saw an answer as to whether this is a win95, gnu-win32, or
make-3.75 issue, anyone know? does make-3.75 do this under NT?

Or am I reading the make.info wrong?

##################################################################
UNMAKE	= Makefile makefile makefile.cl readme.txt cabview dropext
fileview \
	mandel
DIRLIST	= $(filter-out $(UNMAKE),$(wildcard *))

..PHONY: all clean distclean linkclean unix

all clean distclean linkclean unix:
	for file in $(DIRLIST) ; do \
	  echo making in $$file ;\
	  $(MAKE) -C $$file $@ || exit 1;\
	done

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".