Subject: Mount table
From: [email-masked] (Pete Jordan)

25 May 1997 19:47:55 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-CC: [email-masked]
X-Mail-Software: Ameol2
X-URL: http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Is there any way of getting at the mount table from a C program (other than
by looking at the registry or actually running 'mount')?

I ask as I have a little program to launch Windows apps from bash that
munges its parameters from cygwin32 format to absolute DOS paths so I can
run, say, W4W on a doc from bash. I use a symlink to my program for each
app so I can identify from argv[0] (via a table) where the app actually
lives and what sort of parameters it takes. ATM, I have my mount table
hardcoded into the thing, but that's hardly satisfactory.

A minor bitch also: One of the non-cygwin32 apps I use my program for is
perl. All works fine if I type "perl scriptname", but if I just type
"scriptname", argv[0] in my program is set to the actual program name
(/usr/bin/debash.exe), not the symlink name (/usr/bin/perl). I get around
this by assuming perl in this situation. A nasty kludge.

Pete Jordan
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Horus Communications
http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
"Is a polar bear a rectangular bear after
 a coordinate transform?"
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".