Subject: Re[2]: Fix to readline for case-insensitive file-name comple
From: [email-masked] (Scott Mintz)

23 May 1997 20:07:54 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Original-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Description: cc:Mail note part
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

     I use 4DOS/NT as my primary command shell.  It is far and away 
     superior to CMD, much easier to use than bash, and better integrated 
     with the Windows NT world.
     
     4DOS/NT has case-insensitive filename completion.  However, by 
     continuing to press the <TAB> key, 4DOS will cycle through all the 
     names.  For instance, if I have a directory named foo and another 
     named Fred,  Typing F<TAB> first brings up foo and pressing it again 
     brings up Fred.
     
     +------------------------------+------------------------------------+
     | Scott A. Mintz               | voice: (216) 646-4805              |
     | Allen-Bradley Company        | fax:   (216) 646-4961              |
     | 1 Allen-Bradley Drive        | email: [email-masked]   |
     | Mayfield Hts., OH 44124-6118 | CIS:   71461,632                   |
     +------------------------------+------------------------------------+

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".