Subject: Re: A call to find mounted dirs?
From: [email-masked] (Chin Chee-Kai)

23 May 1997 10:28:28 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: Mikey <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: cygnus gnu-win32 mailing list <[email-masked]>
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

On Wed, 21 May 1997, Mikey wrote:
> Can you say fstab?

Hi Mikey, not sure what you mean by "say fstab".  If what you
mean is that I had created /etc/fstab file that resulted in the
remnant mounts, I have no such file created actually.

C:\>dir \etc\fstab
File not found

C:\>mount
Device           Directory           Type        Flags
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
c:               /                   native      no-mixed,text!=binary

C:\>mount /usr/local/ /local    <-- create /usr/local and /local before
				    this command

C:\>mount
Device           Directory           Type        Flags
\usr\local       /local              native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
c:               /                   native      no-mixed,text!=binary

C:\>

Now reboot and immediately pull out a DOS prompt to type mount again
and you'll see the same display as the last list.  (I did all 
commands outside bash, but don't suspect the result to be different
if they were run inside bash).

In b17.1, I didnt' see such "long-lived mounts" behaving in this
manner though (which prompted me to put in b17.1 an alias "setup"
to do all my required mounts the very first time I run bash after
booting up.  This alias now (in b18) returns "already mounted" 
messages when I run "setup", which means the "mount" semantics
had changed).

I am also not sure if this is due to b17.1 and b18 file interferences
as the same behavior happened on another PC on which I installed
b18 with a clean start without b17.1.  

Any ideas?

Chin Chee-Kai
Internet Email: [email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".