Subject: Re: Fix to readline for case-insensitive file-name completion
From: [email-masked] (Fergus Henderson)

22 May 1997 00:41:51 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked] (Curtis Galloway)
Original-Cc: [email-masked] (Cygnus GNU-win32 mailing list)
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]> from "Curtis Galloway" at May 21, 97 08:55:02 am
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL24]
Content-Type: text
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Curtis Galloway, you wrote:
> 
> Here are diffs to do case-insensitive globbing and filename completion. 
> They are set to be case-insensitive by default on Win32, but can be
> turned off by unsetting the special variables "glob_case_fold" and
> "completion_case_fold".

Two suggestions:

1.  I think "glob_ignore_case" and "completion_ignore_case" would be
    better names.

2.  For non-interactive scripts at least, the default for globbing should
    be case-sensitive even on Win32, because scripts may rely on it.  

-- 
Fergus Henderson <[email-masked]>   |  "I have always known that the pursuit
WWW: <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh>   |  of excellence is a lethal habit"
PGP: finger [email-masked]         |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".