Subject: Standalone linking with minimalist
From: [email-masked] ("Justin B. Harvey")

21 May 1997 20:50:18 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: <[email-masked]>
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: Microsoft Internet Mail 4.70.1161
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

What the heck am I doing wrong?  When I compile programs and want them to
run by themselves without cygwin.dll I do a:

gcc hello.c -o hello.exe -L/src/ming/lib -lcrtdll -lmingw32 -dll  

Then I can export this program to other machines and run it, but....when I
try to compile more complex programs I get errors like this:

(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) In cygwin_except_handler
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) Exception trapped!
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) exception C0000005 at 776415CE
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) exception: ax FCC4FCA8 bx 0 cx 1D dx
FFFFFFFF
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) exception: si FCC4FCA8 di 6A78ECE0 bp
242F3AC sp242F3A4
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) Stack trace:
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) frame 0: sp = 0x242F1D8, pc = 0x1000CEC2
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) frame 1: sp = 0x242F1F4, pc = 0x77F94512
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) frame 2: sp = 0x242F218, pc = 0x77F88EEB
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) frame 3: sp = 0x242F2A4, pc = 0x77F76266
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) frame 4: sp = 0x242F3AC, pc = 0x7763C15C
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) frame 5: sp = 0x242F3C8, pc = 0x419112
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) frame 6: sp = 0x242F3E0, pc = 0x40D442
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) frame 7: sp = 0x242F3F4, pc = 0x40D2EC
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) frame 8: sp = 0x242F43C, pc = 0x1000C102
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) frame 9: sp = 0x242FF94, pc = 0x1000C113
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) frame 10: sp = 0x242FFA0, pc = 0x41C40D
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) frame 11: sp = 0x242FFB0, pc = 0x40103B
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) frame 12: sp = 0x242FFC0, pc = 0x77F1B304
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) frame 13: sp = 0x242FFF0, pc = 0x0
(c:\src\tf-35b4\src\tf.exe 1736) End of stack trace
bash$

What is the correct syntax on a linkline for building standalone
executables without cygwin.dll?  

Frustrated,

Justin
--
Justin B. Harvey
[email-masked]
http://home1.gte.net/jbharvey
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".