Subject: Re: Problems building b18 under win95
From: [email-masked] ("Bret A. Schuhmacher")

21 May 1997 19:51:35 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
	<[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: Geoffrey Noer <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: [email-masked] (David Fiddes), [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: VM 6.22 under 19.15 XEmacs Lucid
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

>>>>> "Geoffrey" == Geoffrey Noer <[email-masked]> writes:

> There is a known problem with building the distribution under both
> Win 95 and NT -- I think for configuration reasons tcl, tk, and
> gdbtk cannot be rebuilt under NT and Win95, only cross-built under
> the Unix of your choice.  (This part of b18 is more work-in-progress
> than the rest).

What problem are you referring to?  I just took a version of Tcl I
originally compiled under NuTCRACKER, did a make clean, removed the
config.cache, and ran the configure script successfully.  I then was
able to compile Tcl7.6 and came very close to creating a dll out of it
(I was missing a lib Sergey helped me find).  I'm using b18.

Can you elaborate on the problem so it doesn't sneak up on me?

Thanks,

Bret

-- 
 Bret A. Schuhmacher - Software Engineer
 [email-masked]                           These opinions are no one's 
 Healthcare Communications, Inc.              fault by my own.
            I stopped to think and forgot how to start again.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".