Subject: RE: Fix to readline for case-insensitive file-name completion
From: [email-masked] (Guy Gascoigne - Piggford)

21 May 1997 19:48:47 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0 (32)
Original-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

At 07:07 PM 5/20/97 -0700, Rick Rankin wrote:
>I too generally prefer case-sensitive completion. It's the same behaviour
>as Unix and, perhaps I'm weird (no, make that "different"), but I almost
>always know the case of my filenames. Even if I don't remember, I can hit
><TAB> before I type any characters and bash shows me the possible
completions.

Well just to show that this discussion isn't completely one sided :-) I'd
have to say that I'm quite in favour of case-insensitive file name completion.

Having moved to NT quite a while ago, I've got used to the case-ignorance
of the file system and as I use the cygwin tools to enhance NT rather than
simply mimic UNIX I have absolutely no problem if there are features here
that are only really going to be of interest under NT.

Perhaps this behaviour could be dependant upon the value of a shell
variable or setting?

Guy

-- 
Guy Gascoigne - Piggford ([email-masked])
Software Engineer, Informix Software, Inc. (Portland, Oregon)
(503) 225-4574,  Fax (503) 221-2633

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".