Subject: Bash is very slow to respond to keyboard input
From: [email-masked] (Steve Kachman)

21 May 1997 15:19:40 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 3.0.1 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

After switching to B18, bash frequently ignores keyboard input when I am
using the cursor keys to edit a command line. I will be using the cursor
keys to backup quickly and the cursor will pause for awhile and then after
a few seconds it will spit out some ANSI escape codes where my cursor was. 

Possibly related to this  is when man fires up less. Less will also tend to
get confused. It will ignore some of the keystrokes. After a bit of
struggle it will appear to disappear only to have the less prompt appear a
bit later. 

This is all happening on a WIN95 machine. I haven't seen these problem on
the NT machine. 

Any suggestions, pointers, or fixes will be greatly appreciated.

Steve Kachman
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".