Subject: Compiling PERL5.003 with B18
From: [email-masked] (Eric Nicolas)

20 May 1997 16:34:34 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 2.02 (X11; I; AIX 1)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

I just installed BETA18. Everything seems to work just fine. Even
the 'ls -l' is a lot faster than before. "Bravo" !

I'm now trying to compile Perl 5.003 with B18. I read a lot of
mails about perl mixing its 'configure' and 'Configure' files,
etc.

So :
* I have a /src directory, mounted with the '-m' option, so that
  file names are case sensitives ;
* I have the perl5003.tar file in the /src directory.
* I try a 'tar xvf perl5003.tar' and I've got the message :
	creating 'Configure' : access denied.

And finally I have only the 'configure' script, not the
'Configure' one !!

I thought 'tar' should have created both files, as my directory
is mounted with '-b'. I am wrong ??

Thanks.
* Eric.

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric NICOLAS                               Tel  : 01.40.14.01.39
BNP-BFI-IM                                 Fax  : 01.40.14.99.47
13, rue LaFayette                          EMail:
[email-masked]
75009 PARIS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".