Subject: Re: what went wrong?
From: [email-masked] (C. R. Oldham)

19 May 1997 18:05:26 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by tm-edit 7.105)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: Geoffrey Noer <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: Geoffrey Noer's message of Mon, 19 May 1997 10:49:48 -0700 (PDT)
X-Mailer: Gnus v5.4.49/Emacs 19.34
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Stephen Crowley wrote:
>>  Just wondering but what did you guys do to screw up b18 so bad?

Well, I don't think that was really deserved.  I thought the "b" in
"b18" was for "beta"--thus some problems are to be expected.  Most
everything still works for me, and lots of stuff that didn't work
under b17 does now.

>>>>> "Geoffrey" == Geoffrey Noer <[email-masked]> writes:

Geoffrey> I also haven't seen a slowing in starting programs or in
Geoffrey> compiling executables.  In fact, I see a speed-up in compile
Geoffrey> times over beta 17...

Hm.  I don't see that.  In general things, including compiles, seem
much slower now.

-- 
| Charles R. (C. R.) Oldham     |         NCA Commission on Schools  |
| [email-masked]               |  Arizona St. Univ., PO Box 873011  |
| V:602/965-8700 F:602/965-9423 |________      Tempe, AZ 85287-3011_ |
| "I like it!"--Citizen G'Kar, Babylon 5 | #include <disclaimer.h>X_>|

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".