Subject: Building GNAT-3.09 on NT using GCc-Win32 b18
From: [email-masked] (Mansuriatus Shahrir Amir)

19 May 1997 12:18:09 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.1 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

As of now, the binary built of GNAT NT-3.09 on cs.nyu.edu is incompatible
with the binary releases of GCC-Win32 of Cygnus i.e. I haven't got these
two to coexist peacefully.

GNAT 3.09 on NT expect to be installed on [drive]:/usr on whatever drive
you install it on. Whereas GCCWin32 can be installed on other directory
mounted as / using the mount command and the registry. And even as I made
the GCCWin32 directory mimicks that of GNAT distribution, I still couldn't
get it to work. Whereas Binary distribution of GNAT on LinuxElf can be
installed on top of the distributed gcc 2.7.2.1 by only making 2 soft links.

So I'm trying to rebuilt GNAT 3.09 on NT using GCC-Win32 b18 (the latest).
BTW 3.09 GNAT binary was built on 17.1. I have downloaded cdk-src for b18
and gnat-3.09-src. However the problem is on the GNAT src distribution
there are only readme's for OS/2 and Linux and No readme and instruction on
how to do it on NT. Furthermore there are diff files for gcc-2.7.2 in the
GNAT distribution. Is it wise to apply that to GCC-Win32 cdk-src
distributions? (My hunch is NO)

BTW I have lost the GCC-Win32 mailing list messages on how to built gcc. If
ne1 can resend me on instructions how to do it, will be much appreciated.

So ne1 can offer instructions and pointers if this is possible? I would
really be indebted.

Also if ne1 on the GNAT chat reading this, is it possible to build dll's
using GNAT on NT?

Thank you.

------------------------------
Mansuriatus Shahrir Amir
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".