Subject: new interfaces for lcc-win32 useful for gcc users
From: [email-masked] (root)

19 May 1997 08:17:44 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Content-Type: text
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

New interfaces have been added to lcc-win32:

o spooler support (winspool.lib, import library, and the corresponding
  header file)
o direct draw support. (ddraw.lib, and ddraw.h) Since lcc is a C compiler
  only the C support for the OLE C++ classes is provided.
o OpenGL support. You will need the header files of openGL, available either
  from Microsoft or from Silicon Graphics. The library glaux.lib from Microsoft
  is necessary too, you can download it from Microsoft's web site.
o inet.dll support. This very high level internet interface allows you to
  retrieve any file from the internet with a couple of function calls. It
  supports ftp/http/gopher protocols. Header files and import libraries are
  provided.
o metafile support (enhanced metafiles) has been revised and many problems
  therein corrected.

For GNU-CYGNUS users: You can surely use the header files. I do not know if
the import libraries will work with cygnus-gcc, since I do not have that system and
I haven't tested it. If it doesn't work you will have to build your own
libraries according to the most current theory about dll's held by cygnus...

For GNU_MINGW32 users, things should be easier. If something doesn't work
just drop me a message and I will try to arrange with Colins so that we fix
the problems as they appear.

lcc-win32 is available at
http://www.remcomp.com/lcc-win32

The new version should be available tuesday morning. My site is updated
once a day, not in real time.

Remember:
NO ROYALTIES (expressed or implied) are due for your use of lcc-win32. This is
the spirit of free software.

-- 
Jacob Navia	Logiciels/Informatique
41 rue Maurice Ravel			Tel 01 48.23.51.44
93430 Villetaneuse 			Fax 01 48.23.95.39
France
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".