Subject: compiling and running ssh-1.2.20 with b18
From: [email-masked] (Joe Rumsey)

17 May 1997 00:40:54 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
X-Intended-For: <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.0b4 [en] (Win95; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I've actually got ssh working, albeit with some warnings from cygwin.dll
about various things, but I did have to work around a few things in the
ssh code:

1) gcc -pipe doesn't work (I am using Win95), but it doesn't return an
error either.  The configure script for ssh tries to see if it works...
result, the first time I tried to make it, it looked like everything was
compiling without errors.  Until it got to linking and not one object
file had been produced.  Fixed by editing the configure script to not
check -pipe.

2) One file is looking for sys/stream.h and stropts.h for queue_t and
strfdinsert respectively.  Easy to fix, it didn't actually need any of
the code in this file, I #ifdef'd it all out.  I'm not sure if this is a
problem with the configure script not excluding this file from the
makefile or what.

3) There is a getrusage(RUSAGE_CHILDREN, &cru); that causes a SEGFAULT.
  Again easy to fix, it was only using this to seed a random number
generator (one of     many things it blends together)

4) It tries to read the password upon connecting from /dev/tty, but
never reads anything.  Luckily it includes code to read from stdin
instead, which works just fine.

There are probably some other quirks, I've barely tested it, but the 4
above are what I had to fix to get a basic connection up and running.

The version of ssh used is 1.2.20.  The ssh home page is
http://www.cs.hut.fi/ssh

    Joe

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".