Subject: RE: select & pipe does not work!
From: [email-masked] (Sergey Okhapkin)

16 May 1997 17:07:47 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <01BC6268.440B66D0.cygnus.gnu-win32@sos>
Original-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: "'Geoffrey Noer'" <[email-masked]>
Encoding: 15 TEXT
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

[email-masked] wrote:
> Hi,
> I encountered a problem while porting some software. The select call
> (waiting for a pipe) returns immediate even thougt there is no data
> available from the pipe.

Looks like a cygwin bug. Pipes are handled with 
fhandler_base:fhandler_disk_file class, whose member function 
always_read_ready() returns 1 (fhandler.h). We need a separate 
fhandler_pipe class...

--
Sergey Okhapkin
Moscow, Russia
Looking for a job

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".