Subject: UWIN vs. GNU-Win32: comparison wanted.
From: [email-masked] (Francis Litterio)

14 May 1997 22:24:16 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Forte Agent 1.01/32.397
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Does anyone have any info about how UWIN compares with GNU-Win32?  I
have never used UWIN.  In particular:

How good/bad is UWIN's signal handling?

Does UWIN support process groups?

How does UWIN's fork implementation differ from that of GNU-Win32?

How does UWIN deal with the perennial issue of text vs. binary data in
files and pipes?
--
Francis Litterio                           PGP Key Fingerprint:
[email-masked]              02 37 DF 6C 66 43 CD 2C
http://world.std.omit-this.com/~franl/     10 C8 B5 8B 57 34 F3 21
Note: email address and WWW URL altered to prevent spam.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary 
 safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin, ~1784
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".