Subject: Re: Problem rebuild cygwin.dll on Beta 18
From: [email-masked] ("Mikey")

14 May 1997 21:58:55 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.71.0544.0
Original-To: "Mike Bernson" <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: "cygnus" <[email-masked]>
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE Engine V4.71.0544.0
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Possibly an interupt durring build of glob/libglob.a.
try deleting glob/libglob.a and running make in winsup/glob/
and then relinking in winsup/, the clean target for winsup is broken so
libglob.a dosen't get deleted with make clean.
 ----
From: Mike Bernson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tuesday, May 13, 1997 11:11 PM
Subject: Problem rebuild cygwin.dll on Beta 18

>I have unpacked the Beta 18 source and then Tryed to rebuild the
>Whole system for cross compiling.
>
>When it got time to build the cgywin.dll I got the following:
>
>/src1/gnu/beta18/cdk/ld/ld.new --base-file=cygwin.base --dll -o
>new-cygwin.dll  setjmp.o longjmp.o ../librx/rx.o console.o dcrt0.o
>delqueue.o dirsearch.o exceptions.o exec.o fcntl.o fhandler.o fork.o
>grp.o heap.o hinfo.o init.o ioctl.o key.o malloc.o misc.o mmap.o net.o
>ntea.o passwd.o path.o pinfo.o pipe.o registry.o resource.o security.o
>select.o shared.o signal.o smallprint.o spawn.o strace.o strerror.o
>strsep.o stubs.o syscalls.o sysconf.o syslog.o termios.o times.o uinfo.o
>uname.o wait.o libkernel32.a libuser32.a libgdi32.a libadvapi32.a
>libcomdlg32.a libwsock32.a libnetapi32.a glob/libglob.a ../newlib/libc.a
>../newlib/libm.a ../newlib/libm.a -e _dll_entry@12
>`/src1/gnu/beta18/cdk/gcc/xgcc -B/src1/gnu/beta18/cdk/gcc/ -idirafter
>/src1/gnu/beta18/cdk/i386-cygwin32/newlib/targ-include -idirafter
>/src1/gnu/beta18/cdk/newlib/libc/include -nostdinc
>-print-libgcc-file-name`
>dcrt0.o: In function `globify(int *, char ***)':
>/src1/gnu/beta18/cdk/i386-cygwin32/winsup/dcrt0.cc:197: undefined
>reference to `glob'
>make: *** [new-cygwin.dll] Error 1
> -print-libgcc-file-name`
>dcrt0.o: In function `globify(int *, char ***)':
>/src1/gnu/beta18/cdk/i386-cygwin32/winsup/dcrt0.cc:197: undefined
>reference to `glob'
>make: *** [new-cygwin.dll] Error 1
>
>The glob/libglob.a is built.
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
> 

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".