Subject: Problem extracting beta18 on NT4.0 with compressed drive
From: [email-masked] ("Steve Ganly")

14 May 1997 21:50:36 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
X-Mailer: Z-Mail (3.2.0 06sep94)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I'm getting the following error message when trying to install beta 18
on an NT 4.0 machine. I run cdk.exe, once the extraction reaches
98% I get the following message:

    InstallShield Self-extracting EXE

        The decompression of %s failed. There may not be enough free
        disk space available in the TEMP directory.

The windows explorer shows 131Mb free on the drive. I've tried it with
192Mb free on the drive but get the same error. I'm a bit doubtful that
a 13.7Mb file would need more than 100Mb to decompress which makes me
wonder if it's the drive compression causing problems.

I have beta 17 installed already. I've tried renaming the base
directory but haven't tried removing it.

Has anyone else installed beta 18 on a compressed drive?

Does anyone know how much disk space is required?

Is there a tar file available to use instead?

Steve Ganly.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".