Subject: non blocking sockets
From: [email-masked] (Irio Lavagno)

14 May 1997 18:25:00 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01Gold (X11; I; Linux 2.0.27 i586)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hello,

It seems that sockets can't be made non-blocking in cygwin32 b17 under
winNT 4.0, is it just me or is it true ?

I have a program which makes an accept on a non blocking socket, on my
linux machine the accept exits with errno set to EWOULDBLOCK, on my NT
machine it just blocks until it receives a connection request.

If needed I can post the code, the socket is made non-blocking with a
fcntl(sockid,F_SETFL,O_NONBLOCK), so could it be that this fcntl
operation is not supported on cygwin32 ? The fcntl doesn't fail anyway.

I have not tried it under b18 yet.

Thanks for the help

Irio Lavagno
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".