Subject: Re: X11R6.3 nolonger works under B18
From: [email-masked] (Gary Bishop)

14 May 1997 16:23:44 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.1 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

If I use statically linked versions of the X libraries made with the usual

ar r libX11static.a *.o

and then link X apps with those, they work!  Of course apps are 1/2 meg or
bigger but they do work.  I think this indicates that the difficulties with
X11R6.3 and B18 are dll differences.

I tried Sergey's suggested changes to junk.c but it still produces the same
error for the dll version.

If some of you dll wizards have a clue what is wrong, I'll be happy to try
an experiment.  After the initial pain of setting this X11 source tree up,
changes are pretty easy.

gb

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".