Subject: Problem rebuild cygwin.dll on Beta 18
From: [email-masked] (Mike Bernson)

13 May 1997 00:12:20 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01 (X11; I; BSD/OS 3.0 i386)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I have unpacked the Beta 18 source and then Tryed to rebuild the
Whole system for cross compiling.

When it got time to build the cgywin.dll I got the following:

/src1/gnu/beta18/cdk/ld/ld.new --base-file=cygwin.base --dll -o
new-cygwin.dll  setjmp.o longjmp.o ../librx/rx.o console.o dcrt0.o
delqueue.o dirsearch.o exceptions.o exec.o fcntl.o fhandler.o fork.o
grp.o heap.o hinfo.o init.o ioctl.o key.o malloc.o misc.o mmap.o net.o
ntea.o passwd.o path.o pinfo.o pipe.o registry.o resource.o security.o
select.o shared.o signal.o smallprint.o spawn.o strace.o strerror.o
strsep.o stubs.o syscalls.o sysconf.o syslog.o termios.o times.o uinfo.o
uname.o wait.o libkernel32.a libuser32.a libgdi32.a libadvapi32.a
libcomdlg32.a libwsock32.a libnetapi32.a glob/libglob.a ../newlib/libc.a
.../newlib/libm.a ../newlib/libm.a -e _dll_entry@12
`/src1/gnu/beta18/cdk/gcc/xgcc -B/src1/gnu/beta18/cdk/gcc/ -idirafter
/src1/gnu/beta18/cdk/i386-cygwin32/newlib/targ-include -idirafter
/src1/gnu/beta18/cdk/newlib/libc/include -nostdinc
-print-libgcc-file-name` 
dcrt0.o: In function `globify(int *, char ***)':
/src1/gnu/beta18/cdk/i386-cygwin32/winsup/dcrt0.cc:197: undefined
reference to `glob'
make: *** [new-cygwin.dll] Error 1
 -print-libgcc-file-name` 
dcrt0.o: In function `globify(int *, char ***)':
/src1/gnu/beta18/cdk/i386-cygwin32/winsup/dcrt0.cc:197: undefined
reference to `glob'
make: *** [new-cygwin.dll] Error 1

The glob/libglob.a is built.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".